Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Ear infections...and a cold...

Poor Bella has been so sick...first it was teething (yep the molars are in!!), then it turned into a cold...then on Sunday morning I realized it was more than that b/c she was still so not herself! So we took her into Emergecy and she has a full blown ear infection! Oh my...I had no idea and I feel so bad for not catching it sooner. We are on day 3 of antibotics and so far so good...she seems to be doing far better! Man, when it rains it really freakin pours!!

On a more positive note...we FINALLY finished Bella's nursery! Let me tell you the LONG story: Ever since I first fell pregnant, I envisioned the nursery. I wanted pink walls with cream wainscotting and dark furniture to accent it. In our townhouse, Mason would NOT let me even touch the walls...we put up a few pictures and that was it! I did get my dark furniture however, and the most amazing pink french toile bedding ever!! When we moved to our new house, I brought up the wainscotting idea again...this was the reaction: "Ummmm...Simone? Do you not notice the dark stained baseboards and trim??" me: "yes...so? we can just paint it cream!!" mason: "ARE YOU CRAZY??!! There is no way you are touching that trim!!" Okay...so...new plan!! (you don't mess with a pro painter,let me tell you!) We, I mean Mase, painted the walls cream and pink with a pink polka dot border dividing the 2 colors. I LOVE IT!! It is so cute, and finally looks like the little girls room I have dreamed of! All I need now is a chandalier and some cute curtains...ideas anyone?? Here are some pics of Princess Bella's new palace!!









This is looking into the room...the little ballet picture is from when I was a little girl. My mom bought it for me when we were living in Zimbabwe, so it has literally travelled the world!

8 comments:

Christy said...

It's so pretty Simone... It looks awesome!

ashley b said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
ashley b said...

I love it simone

Baker Family said...

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it!!!! I can't wait to come and see it in person. How did the wallpapering go? It looks incredible. You did a great job!
Hope Bella feels better soon!

Joline said...

Simone, its beautiful! I wish that I had such an expertly decorated room...care to help? haha Glad to hear that Bella is feeling more like herself :) xoxo

Susie said...

oh my as if that isn't out of a magazine. It's darling. I'm glad Bella is feeling better.

Melissa said...

That room is GORGEOUS! I want it too! Mason, when we have our own home, you are welcome to come and visit and Paint! What a bummer Bella wasn't feeling well...those are the worst days for a mom.

Brittany said...

SOOO CUTE!! Don't feel bad Lucy had an ear infection for like a week and a bit before I caught it!! It is just so hard to know when they can't tell you what really is the problem! You've done such a good job, have you looked at home sense or winners sometimes they have cute little chandeliers!