It was the last day of my final exams (good old Grant MacEwan in Etown), and I had to work at my apartment building job right after...so I was exhausted by the end of the day (and looking like crap...) and my only consolation was that Mason was picking me up and taking me home to get ready for a night out...so I thought!! His car pulled up but he wasn't in it...his cousin Braeden and his best friend Jordan were! I knew something was up, especially when I was given a rose and poem written by Mase! It was a scavenger hunt, and each poem led to a new place that was a part of our "story".
First...back to the college, where we met! I picked up the rose and the next clue/poem from the security desk...then on to Lazia's restaurant (our first date)...then to Purdy's ice cream shop (where he had prepaid for icecream for all of us too!)...next was the place where he bought my ring from and where one of my friends worked...she handed me the next clue and rose and that took me to the Legislature Grounds (where we used to go for walks all the time) and there was my final rose and clue!! We ended up back at Mason's apartment, where he had set up their card table (their dinner table!!!) and folding chairs (classy, I know!!) and had scattered rose petals ALL over the living room!! He had made me the most amazing dinner, but he was so nervous that he took me out on to the balcony first. I looked down, and he had spray painted WILL YOU MARRY ME?? on a huge drop cloth and secured it on to the roof of the building below his!! It was amazing and so romantic!! Thanks for reading all this soppiness....just felt like a trip down memory lane! Here are some engagement pics...my how we've changed!!

4 comments:
You guys haven't changed that much! That is such a sweet engagement story... and that's impressive you remember the date!
You both are too cute :)
That's so cute...Mason is so romantic!
You are babies! You guys look so young (as opposed to now since you guys look SUPER old). I can hardly believe it's been 4 years since you got baptized, Simone. Way to go. We're super excited to see you guys this summer.
PS. This is Brandon - Melissa is not so much of a jerk.
Post a Comment