Wednesday, January 20, 2010

FOUND!!!

The earrings have been found! Just as I thought, I put them in a little ring box for "safe keeping"... and proceeded to leave them in England at my mom's!! I'm so so relieved, I seriously shed tears over this episode!

In other news....we are home from our cruise! I have so much to post about, not to even mention that I haven't really touched on our Christmas vacay yet! I promise I will soon....

BUT, first things first. I have just spent the past 20 minutes or so watching Oprah and crying. Nothing about this is very unusual (for me, anyways)....except for the fact that I was watching mothers and children dying and suffering in Haiti. I feel such overwhelming sorrow for the people dealing with this tragic disaster. I cannot wrap my head around it, how did we get to be so blessed? The people of Haiti have a long history of struggle, and now this on top of everything. It must feel like the end of the world to them. I wish I could help, but really really help. Like be there to calm down the child who has just lost his whole family, or the mother holding her dead infant. I cannot stop crying!!! It makes me feel so lucky, and I have to say a bit selfish too. I am however, very very greatful for what I have in this life. I am loved and I love, and I have all of my most basic needs and then some met. Please take a moment everyone and say a prayer for those in Haiti.

3 comments:

H and E said...

I just realized now you are private I can't rely on google reader to let me know when you have updated, which now means i will have to stalk your blog for new updates. I can't believe you found the earrings that is the best news I have ever heard!!!!
I am with you on crying at the tv, I have too many hormones to watch all the tragedy going on. So sad!

Megan said...

Yay!!! Um, did I tell you today how cute you looked?

Leanne said...

So happy you found your earrings! So sad to lose something like that, but finding it again is the best feeling!